In the spirit of outdoor improvement, I have moved from the back to the front. The backyard improvements have gone so well, that I decided to tackle the yucky front entry. Here is a long distance shot. There has not been very many nice spring days yet, so very few of my plants have begun blooming. It looks rather desolate with my front garden torn all apart (I’ll get to that soon).
I try not to get to close in – don’t want to scare myself. I purchased a new front door and in order to make sure that it is the focal point of the front I am redo-ing the porch.
First order of business is to take down that railing. Check out my mad carpenter skills! I want a clear sight line to the front door – the new sexy front door – the new awesomely sleek looking front door, the front door that will be put on next weekend (I hope). The door that the house currently has, was an addition from the previous owners. I wanted to find something that would be more true to the house itself (but sneaking in some mid-century modern) …….more to come on that.
Scrape some loose paint, substitute the vertical slats for horizontal….good times.
Here is an unflattering shot of the base coat stain, old front door, and the front garden all torn apart.
Here is a better shot of the work in progress front entry…….I have the slats up to ensure that the short ones don’t fall off. There is still a larger drop off (larger than I am comfortable with) on the front left side – I will be using those half barrels as planters on the high side.
Next up – finishing the front door and the front garden!