After long last the upstairs bathroom is done. Yahoo!!
First photo of the bathroom for this blog. ehh.
And here we go –
to start with – the tile! sigh. It matches the entry landing, the basement landing and the basement bathroom. It is so awesome to walk through the house and feel that kind of consistency.
don’t worry – that side edge of the vanity below has since been cleaned up.
So bright- squinty.
The paint is up, the trim is in, the vanity is in (so gorgeous and shiny white). I also decided to go with a vintage-y looking mirror to contrast the ultra sleek vanity.
I know I keep saying it – but seriously……2013!!! That is when I started this thing. And now its done. I am so excited to be able to cross this off my list.
Have a great day Peeps!
So when Dave and I moved our old shed to the other side of the yard to use as a playhouse, we purchased a new one to replace it. Timing was not ideal as the weather turned and we were unable to get a coat of paint on it. I was working in the yard over the weekend and realized that if I didn’t get my poop in a group….winter would be here and the shed would have no paint job….again
Let me tell you….I was not enthused to paint this thing. So I decided to invest in a sprayer.. a Wagner Flexio 590….Spoiler……life saver!!!!
Here is a before shot, from when we were working on expanding our parking area. The shed sticks out like a sore thumb with no paint.
I set aside a few hours on a nice day and got to work. Here is a pic of my fab new toy
Now to warn you…..there was a nice practice sheet to work on before working on the real deal….but I figured that I had a giant wall with no windows to worry about…so I could practice on my shed. It took me a few passes to really get the hang of it. You can see in the pick the first quarter of the wall was quite thin, but I go better and better as I went.
and better and better. I kept time on 2 sides that I painted….so 20 minutes using the sprayer, including my learning curve. I had additional work to do cutting in with a paint brush around the door. So all in with painting and clean up time, it just under an hour. Amaze-balls!!! I was seriously concerned about the clean up on the sprayer but it was super easy.
Overall – my purchase was a great one. The clean up was easy and it was way faster than it would have been with just my roller.p.s. I purchased the sprayer all on my own…..I just wanted to let you know what I worked on this past weekend and what a great purchase it was. Crap!!! The sprayer turned my weekend project into an afternoon project….so I kinda feel like I am getting away with something!! It’s like those new washing machine commercials…..’Keep moving tiny people’
How to update a room in an afternoon….if your closet doors have been removed as ours are. Jane’s closet was looking pretty dismal in comparison to the rest of the room so I decided to kick it up a notch.
I removed everything from the closet and prepped the walls for paint…..this includes- spackle, sand paper and painters tape.
I am using paint that I already had on hand….both for the wall color and the trim. is anyone noticing that I never painted the trim in the closet??? let’s pretend that never happened…..it’s fixed now 🙂
Wall: Behr Premuim Plus in Carolina Coast
Trim: Valspar white
In the before picture you can see that the dresser needs some love. Jane liked to scale the front of it, so it is also missing knobs.
I also prepped the dresser for paint……this includes- wood putty, sand paper and painters tape. HA!! I used the same paint, Valspar White (from the trim), on the dresser.
Also – a new set a knobs is in order. These unfinished wood knobs came from Walmart. I am using Krylon ColorMaster in Champagne Nouveau, a personal favorite, with a Krylon clear coat to top it off.
With some contact paper to keep it clean looking. You should have seen me with this…..ridiculous. All I can say is that this brand is pretty awesome. I made some serious mistakes and was able to fix it all so that speaks volumes.
A final look
What do you think??
Pretty sure that Dave and I are as awesome as Atreyu and Bastian. We are totally kicking the Lists butt……I am going to totally ignore the fact that a crap load of tile work is in my future……….
As a reminder The NeverEnding List has been haunting me for ages.
Let’s walk through this bad boy
1 and 2 – the master and guest upstairs bathrooms are still on the list and won’t be completed until the weather turns.
9. Downstairs bathroom – 1/4 of the way done
10. All the extras…
- side yard shop – quotes requested (move to 2015 list)
front yard garden
front gravel parking
- garage turned game room – won’t be done until side yard shop is done (move to 2015 list)
- new cement pad in the front – won’t be done until the garage conversion is done (move to 2015 list)
Now – the rest of the year will be devoted to indoor projects *cough* tiling the bathrooms *cough*