Part of my to-do’s has been to get some stuff done for the girls in the playhouse….last November (??) Dave and I moved our old shed to the other side of the yard, up a hill and started work.
We had some extra flooring left over from a project that we never got to do….so we put it on the floor of the playhouse….we still have some left over – so Dave is contemplating putting some on the loft.
I made a sign using some old plywood and the left over paint from our front door.
The girls had their first sleepover in here last weekend. Good times were had by all.
There is still some work to do on the loft and the wall that the door is on….but holy cow – what a difference.
What do you think??
Jane’s birthday party was over the weekend and here are a few highlights from the prep to the party.
I started with the invites as those would be my jumping off point for ideas. I used a graphic design program and came up with invite below. A quick upload to Walmart Photo Shop online and I had invites in no time.
Now for the stuffs. Jane’s pirate outfit included a stripped shirt, a red tutu, pirate hat and pirate necklace. The kids (and adults) all got eye patches and pirate hats. The princess wands were available for those that wanted them.
We had a tattoo and sunscreen station 🙂 , a small pool for the littles and a larger pool for the bigs.
Jane enjoyed herself immensely in both.
A little pinata action.
Happy Birthday Miss Jane! Mom and Dad love you.
When Dave and I moved into this house, I purchased a pub table for the downstairs…..sadly it got little to no use. Recently, I decided to try and re-purpose it as an outdoor table. I did quite a bit of research to find the right way to do the transformation. The pub table is all fake pressed wood and totally meant for indoor use. There are so many tutorials out there and each one is a little different in what they think is imperative. I have the Valspar paint left over from painting (still not put up) but I needed some supplies from our local Lowe’s…..mainly the primer…..and while I was there, I found the Rust-oleum NeverWet…….Can’t wait to see if it works out.
I started with a quick sand to rough up the surface of the fake wood that is the pub table and then put a layer of the Zinsser primer on.
I put 3 coats of the Valspar exterior paint over the primer (and I actually followed the directions on timing). The Rust-oleum is a 2-parter, base coat and top coat. It is a little rough as a top coat, but if it helps repel water, I am all for it.
Yup – can’t wait to have a get together and use this baby.
PARTY AT MY HOUSE.