After long last the upstairs bathroom is done. Yahoo!!
First photo of the bathroom for this blog. ehh.
And here we go –
to start with – the tile! sigh. It matches the entry landing, the basement landing and the basement bathroom. It is so awesome to walk through the house and feel that kind of consistency.
don’t worry – that side edge of the vanity below has since been cleaned up.
So bright- squinty.
The paint is up, the trim is in, the vanity is in (so gorgeous and shiny white). I also decided to go with a vintage-y looking mirror to contrast the ultra sleek vanity.
I know I keep saying it – but seriously……2013!!! That is when I started this thing. And now its done. I am so excited to be able to cross this off my list.
Have a great day Peeps!
At this time last year (2016!!) I posted our plans for the year. We were pretty successful, which I can truly say…I am surprised about that.
Here is the list as described on Jan 4th of last year:
- Master Bathroom – started
- Guest Bathroom – vanity purchased
- Downstairs bathroom
- Front porch roof
- Finish front walkway
- Terrace hill to the chicken coop
Master Bathroom – Done!
Guest Bathroom – In Progress
Downstairs Bathroom – In Progress. thisclosetobeingdone
Sheetrock, mud, tape, texture are on tap for this weekend.
Front Porch Roof and Front Walkway – Done
Terrace hill to chicken coop – Done
I also added a few things back in November.
- Back Gate – The back gate is up….but I have no pics for you 😦 fail
- Furniture placement in the basement – the fireplace is here!
Dave flies home later today and we will be hammering out as much of the basement bathroom as we can and laying out our plans for 2017. I will have our list ready for you next week!
Enjoy your weekend Peeps.
We are not done with the basement bathroom and I am already anxious to move onto the Guest bathroom. I know…. The only thing that has changed about this bathroom since we moved in, is the paint color and the art.
I went shopping at Ikea in 2013. Yes, you read that right. I purchased my vanity and faucet for the guest bathroom in 2013. I love what I picked out and am still very excited for the changes to come in that room.
I am now pulling together all of images of bathrooms that I have been saving since 2013. I would like to narrow down my paint colors. The entire vanity, toilet and shower will be white…..so some color will be a nice addition.
Any preferences? I am leaning towards the 1st and 3rd blue.
I always like reading the graffiti in public toilet stalls…secretly of course…cause writing on stalls is not kosher. There is usually something that makes me laugh. I was thinking that I should create something for my bathroom that would give me the same ha-ha laugh. Without the graffiti guilt.
I took a piece of flat wood that was apart of the old vanity that we demo’d from our master bathroom and covered it in chalkboard contact paper.
There were some bubbles that needed to be smoothed out.
Dave helped out by making my 2 sided frame.
I sanded and poly’d to protect the wood.
Oh My Gosh….have I enjoyed having this. The girls leave me notes, visiting friends have taken advantage and I laugh every-time I see something new. (the most popular items are Doctor Who quotes)
The bathroom chalkboard inspired the girls so much that they were spending time in the bathroom just to draw, so I purchased each of them a chalkboard for their rooms.
Such a good idea.
Have you ever gotten to the point where you have so many projects in process that the list of items to complete is so long you think that it is something like “The Nothing”?.
Well – I am to that point…….my Nothing is so overwhelming I have no idea where to start. Let’s start with a list and maybe Bastian will come through for me.
1, 2 and 3. Remember Denver Trip? That trip has provided me with 2 bathrooms to finish and a Jules’ room to tweak. Captain of Destruction received a new room for Christmas and I have some finishing touches to add into the room. Here is a sneak peek:
4. I purchased a new bed for Jane and it came in the mail today! First Officer of Destruction needed a new bed because the bunk bed was a tad on the broken side. Here is a before pic from when mister and I redid their floors…
5. Doors for the top floor hallway. Ever since the water incident the doors have been on my mind. I have them…..they are waiting for me….they want to be placed in their respective frames and be awesome.
6. My bedroom……I purchased some amazing things and I need to get them in the room. Click here…
7. Fix the back patio.….and add in the raised gardens in the grassy area between the patio and the fence.
8. Put the finishing touches on the playhouse.
9. Plumb in the downstairs toilet and just give that bathroom a good cleaning.
10. and items that we were planning on doing in 2014 but looking at the list above….not sure how that’s going to work for us………..Side yard shop, front yard garden, front gravel parking, garage turned into game room, new cement pad in the front (that would keep water from creating a duck pond in my driveway) and, and, and……
Well – wish us luck. All of these seem daunting but I am super excited for the outcomes of each….and as Bastian found…..imagination is everything. Did you forget I am a nerd????
So I’ve got this bathroom that needs some lovin’, some nice good lovin’. It is pretty basic and uninspiring. This bathroom is in need of a re-do. I can attribute this need to Captain and First Officer of Destruction. Here is a quick peak of the bathroom…….
Lights off at the moment. The toilet and bathtub are cream colored. When we start working on the room and acquiring the items to install…..I am going to go for a crisp, bright white.
Lights On!! No natural light, but decent size. Here are a few inspiration shots of what I want to put in the room…..
Getting a window in my bathroom is going to be pretty much impossible, but I love the wood in this room. I think it would even look good with the Armstrong tile
that I want to put in the kitchen/dining room and BATHROOM(S)!!!!
Here is a better shot of the mirror, tile above the sinks and mirror shot of the tile work in the shower. I love this look and am brainstorming my way through a plan to get this type of look in my own home.